[rescue] Dumb SGI Indigo^2 question...(lsof)

Seidl, David . dseidl at purdue.edu
Sat Dec 20 18:08:35 CST 2003

On Dec 3, 2003 at 6:52 AM, Zach Lowry wrote:

>Heh, please let me know how to go about doing this! Last I check, lsof
>didn't compile correctly on Irix. there certainly aren't any binaries
>on SSI's Freeware site.

If you need lsof for an older Irix version (pre 6.3), you can contact
the developer - Vic Abell (abe at purdue.edu) and he can provide you
with what you need, although he'll make you acknowledge a security issue
that exists in the old version before giving you a copy. Great guy -
although I'm biased, I get to work with him.

Projects to make lsof work with newer Irix have died for various
reasons, and again, Vic's the one to ask if you're curious.

David