[rescue] Raid boxs

Sheldon T. Hall shel at cmhcsys.com
Mon Oct 28 17:03:39 CST 2002

"Travis" <ferrit at oznet.com> writes ...

> I just recieved a stack of semi-parted out sparcs (1s, 2s, 4s, IPCs,
> IPXs, and 3 nonworking LX) instead of pay:\ And 8 Storage Dimensions
> RAIDs. They have 7 WIDE S.E. 7200RPM 4GIG BARACUDA drives; 2 Redundant
> RAIDFlex Controllers w/32meg. onboard. Each controller has a serial, RJ,
> and 68 pin scsi connector on the back; The box also has 3 fans and 2 PS
> in them, every thing looks to be hot swappable. The case was produced in
> 1996. I Googled all the Part nos. and got some hits at Dot Hill, but
> couldn't match a modle to what I've got.
> Anybody know how to ID the right model, and a ballpark value?
> I might be able to trade 1 or 2, but I realy need to replace my paychecks.

I hope the RAID boxes are worth a bunch; I'd hate to try to replace my
paycheck with what I could get for some "semi-parted out sparcs (1s, 2s, 4s,
IPCs, IPXs, and 3 nonworking LX)..."  Some of those boxes can be useful,
especially the 4s and the LXes, but any of them might be hard to turn into
net cash, especially if you have to ship 'em.

All joking aside, though, good luck.

-Shel