[rescue] IBM RS/6000 3CT

Mike Johnson mike at enoch.org
Fri Oct 25 21:53:25 CDT 2002

vance at neurotica.com [vance at neurotica.com] wrote:

> What is the keyswitch set to?

It's set to 'OK'.  I was really happy to see it still had its keys.

> Won't work with a Sun monitor, but it would work with quite a few PC
> monitors.

Bummer.  I've got more spare Sun monitors (2) than PC monitors (0).  :(
As well, if I can get the serial console up, I'll at least be able to
get it online until I can get a monitor.

> To get serial console, you have to remove the framebuffer.  And you
> shouldn't have a keyboard and mouse hooked up.

Duh. :)  Thanks.  It's a PS/2 keyboard connector, does any PS/2 keyboard
work?

> No, but AIX tends to grow on you after a while.  It's quite feature-laden.

My problem with AIX is from about five years ago where I adminned a few
for a project at school.  Back then, it really seemed like I couldn't
make any configuration changes without using smit(ty), which really got
on my nerves.  I'm willing to take another swing, though.  Wonder how
recent the OS install is.  Need to get that console up!

Thanks!  I'm sure I'll have more questions.

Mike
--
"Would you like to take advantage of wiretap Wednesdays?" -- Fed on Sealab 2021