[rescue] anyone have HP-UX media for loan? likewise..

roosmcd at dds.nl roosmcd at dds.nl
Mon Oct 21 17:18:22 CDT 2002

> It says it is available to "current HP customers." I don't know if I fit
> that bill, but I asked anyway. I'm sure they won't be shy about saying
> "no" if I don't qualify. ;) I'll let you all know what happens...

 Ofcourse you're a HP customer, who hasn't bought HP printer supplies? But
there doesn't seem to be any kind of check....

> Even for really old machines they will send HPUX11 Cds?  I believe I
> have a 712 here with a nice amount of ram...

 They don't need a machine number/serial... Just your address and phone number.
Lots of RAM is good for 11 :). And despite what the faq says you can also
install the easy-setup version on a 800-server; I installed it on my k210 by by-
passing the setup scripts.

 Another question: is the application-cd-story really true? I can't seem to
find mine right now, but I'll have a look tomorrow.

  greetings,
   Michiel