[rescue] hp visualize-s.. B's and C's

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Mon Oct 21 16:57:02 CDT 2002

On 2002.10.21 10:07 Rico Pajarola wrote:

> my 715/100 beats the crap out of
> an AlphaStation 400 4/233 as a webserver
I am not surprised about that. (And I am a DECist.)
I will see it this week myself. I have some Alphas and a E55 and a 720
(?) are on the way...

> No docs on it from HP (as if it never existed).
Yes. That is a real problem.

> Linux is officially unsupported, but there are reports that it
> boots diskless with rom console (scsi in the works).
I thought Linux would run quite well on the 715 / 712 machines. At least
it does on the 712. I saw it at the Linux-Tag even with X running.

> Neither NetBSD nor OpenBSD work at
> all, but do I want yet another Linux/xyBSD box?
Ahh, NetBSD works at least a bit. AFAIK NetBSD is running multiuser on
PA-RISC, but not that solid and the kernel pukes about some configs and
refuses to boot.
--

tsch|_,
         Jochen