[rescue] hp visualize-s.. B's and C's

Rico Pajarola rp_sunrescue at servium.ch
Mon Oct 21 03:07:33 CDT 2002

Eric Webb said
>Since we're on the topic, what about an HP 9000 E35?  Work has one that will
>go black pretty soon, and I don't have any HP's laying around yet  ;)
I have one, running HP/UX 9.0. Pretty good blinkenlights per
space/power ratio. I think it can be upgraded to a E55 through a
cpu board swap. Still not a speedhog, but don't let yourself be
distracted by the low Mhz-number, my 715/100 beats the crap out of
an AlphaStation 400 4/233 as a webserver    <ducks and runs>

No docs on it from HP (as if it never existed). Linux is officially
unsupported, but there are reports that it boots diskless with rom
console (scsi in the works). Neither NetBSD nor OpenBSD work at
all, but do I want yet another Linux/xyBSD box?

I am missing the original install media, if the disk ever breaks
(I have 10.20, but we're on rescue here, so I'd prefer to keep the
'original' 9.x) Is there a way to build a bootable backup a la
mksysb? Or has anyone an HP/UX 9.10 iso for download?

--rp