[rescue] Re: AT&T 3B2

Greg A. Woods woods at weird.com
Mon Oct 21 12:35:40 CDT 2002

[ On Monday, October 21, 2002 at 13:25:22 (-0400), James wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: [rescue] Re: AT&T 3B2
>
> >- A former 3B2/310 and 3B2/600 herder. Give me back my blit/5620DMD! Nothing
> >like a terminal that has phosphor persistence to the extreme that you can
> >shut off the terminal, turn off the room light and then climb into bed, and
> >still see the fading "login:" prompt from across the room.  .  .
>
> Aren't these the type that are most prone to raster burn?

I think it's the opposite, though I don't know the science behind it
well enough to know for sure.

I don't recall my DMDs ever getting any serious burn-in, though I always
turned down the brightness on them when I wasn't using them.

(I really should dig one out of the garage and get it working again....)

(I should try to find the time to clean up and fire up the /500 again
too!  I think I could even get it on my network now as I finally got an
ethernet board for it, and the TCP/IP software too.)

--
								Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098;            <g.a.woods at ieee.org>;           <woods at robohack.ca>