[rescue] Re: AT&T 3B2

Greg A. Woods woods at weird.com
Mon Oct 21 12:09:49 CDT 2002

[ On Monday, October 21, 2002 at 03:17:42 (EDT), dave at cca.org wrote: ]
> Subject: 3B2 (was Re: [rescue] Q: media checker under OS/X?)
>
> Actually I've had my own 3B2 since around 91 or 92... first "real"
> computer I owned. The piece I just scored is the VME version,
> which I've *never* seen before.

I think I saw one either at a computer show, or maybe at the AT&T Canada
offices once upon a time.....  It wasn't black, but it wasn't a US Navy
model either.

All you ever wanted to know about the people and projects at IW where
the 3B2 originated is on this and its parent page:

	http://home.xnet.com/~msk/iw/history.html

There's some good info there about major industry "firsts" there too.

Some pictures and details of the models here:

	http://www.comp.nus.edu.sg/~xurong/cs3220-1b.htm

IIRC I think the pictures beside the 3B2/1050 R3 and 3B2/1100 R3 are
accurate to what I saw.

(BTW, don't bother with www.3b2.com -- it has nothing to do with 3b2s as
far as I can tell :-)

--