3B2 (was Re: [rescue] Q: media checker under OS/X?)

dave at cca.org dave at cca.org
Mon Oct 21 02:17:42 CDT 2002

ssandau at bath.tmac.com writes:

>Color me jealous. The Navy office we work with had several 3B2's. I
>wanted one. The sent them to DRMO in Portsmouth, NH. The version of Unix
>they ran was actually pretty advanced for its time. Have fun!

Actually I've had my own 3B2 since around 91 or 92... first "real"
computer I owned. The piece I just scored is the VME version,
which I've *never* seen before.

Where any of the ones the Navy had in black cases? Just before
the 3B2 line was killed off, they were switching from the
WE32000 to a MIPS cpu. Supposedly a hundred or so made it out
to the wild, all to the military. Supposedly they are easily
identified by their black cases.

------ David Fischer ------- dave at cca.org ------- http://www.cca.org ------
----------- When Heaven is full, the dead shall walk the earth. -----------