[rescue] A/UX, was RE: Mac: is this an X client?

Steve Hatle shatle at nfldinet.com
Sun Oct 20 22:34:30 CDT 2002

On 10/20/02 10:06 PM, "Joshua D Boyd" <jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu> wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 20, 2002 at 12:24:00PM -0700, ed at the7thbeer.com wrote:
>> Workgroup Server.  IIRC, a PM 9500 in a slightly different case and some
>> extra bits in terms of controller cards for SCSI.  Had one at the state
>> job I worked at for a number of years.  Stable little box and zippy too.
>> :)

> Wait, since when could A/UX run on PPC macs?  I thought the WGS95
> machine was some sort of quadra.

It is- the WGS95 is a Quadra 950 with the PDS cache card. A WGS9150 was the
PPC variant of this. The 950 could run A/UX; IIRC it was the only OS that
took advantage of the PDS cache card. The 9150 ran Appleshare IP under
regular MacOS. No A/UX there.  .  .

I was thinking after reading this thread that the Quadra 700 has the same
PDS slot connector as the Q950. I wonder if that card would fit in the Q700
case. _That_ would be a sweet little machine! <grin> I'll have to double
check the FAQ and then eyeball the card/slot and see if things line up.
Methinks the card is too big to go into the Q700 case.

Steve