[rescue] Mac: is this an X client?

Sheldon T. Hall shel at cmhcsys.com
Sun Oct 20 11:13:06 CDT 2002

"Mike Hebel" <nimitz at speakeasy.net> says ...

> MI/X also exists for 68k Macs as well.  Need to search the web for an
> old download though as Microimages doesn't support it any more.  If
> anybody needs that version I can mail them the file since it's
abandonware.

Seaking of X on Macs ... what do you do about a three-button mouse?  Use the
Mac's single mousebutton and some keyboard key?

I've always wanted to have a Mac SE/30 set up as an X terminal.  Being
small, quiet, and cheap, an SE/30 would seem to be the perfect thing to have
in a location where you occasionally need a terminal for a few minutes, like
in the kitchen.  However, I've never actually gotten my hands on one, and,
in the mean time, a couple of our more important "kitchen applications" have
moved to Windows. So probably what I need now is either some little Windows
machine that will run VNC and Xfree86/Cygwin....

Still, I have a letch for small-form-factor computers.  That's why I like
the "lunchbox" Suns.  So if an SE/30 with a network card ever comes my way,
expect questions!

-Shel