[rescue] USB / Firewire

Michael Schiller schiller at agrijag.com
Fri Oct 18 20:42:57 CDT 2002

Hi All.

I have a strange question. I have a Sonnet Tango USB/Firewire card that
I got for my Mac. For some reason the USB portion of it didn't seem to
work in my mac, so I took the card out, and in it's place I put in a DEC
DEFPA FDDI card. It also didn't work properly in my mac, so I'm starting
to think that my mac might have a problem with it's PCI slot. Oh well,
what can I do :( But the question is this: The Tango card has
openfirmware on it, so I was wondering if I installed it in my U30,
would solaris recognize it properly? I know that Solaris 9 has both
firewire and USB drivers in it, and I was wondering if it would be able
to use the Tango card? Anyone have any thoughts on this?

With the DEFPA card installed, the machine acts like there's nothing
wrong, but the LED on the card flashes, and the concentrator never sees
a link. When I would try and access the network the machine would lock
up for a short while, then it would come back with an error that it
couldn't find whatever I was looking for. Any help / hints / etc. would
be appreciated.

--
-Mike