[rescue] Bull Escala T604e

Marc Zyngier mzyngier at freesurf.fr
Thu Oct 17 07:27:54 CDT 2002

Jochen> These drivers are?

Ethernet, mainly...

>> The prep version will run up to 4.3.3. The chrp box will run 5.1.
Jochen> Aha. 4.3.3 would be OK.

Ok. Contact me off-list, we'll see what we can do...

>> Look for some messages about 'Pegaflex' in the boot sequence. If you
>> find these, you have a chrp box.
Jochen> It is PReP. From the OpenFirmware .properties:
Jochen> arc-identifier           PegasusPCI
Jochen> name                     bull,escalat
Jochen> model                    Bull ESCALA T (e8ED)
Jochen> compatible               prep
Jochen> Also there is no RTAS in the OF, that is a requirement of
Jochen> CHRP. (I also own a B50. The B50 is RPA i.e. mostly CHRP. So I
Jochen> can see the PReP <=> CHRP difference.)

Yep. This is the RSPC version (pre-Pegaflex architecture). Not quite
as nice as the CHRP boxes, but nice enough for the price... :-)

        M.
--
Places change, faces change. Life is so very strange.