[rescue] /etc/device.tab

Jeff Workman jworkman at pimpworks.org
Wed Oct 16 22:34:11 CDT 2002

I just finished reinstalling Solaris 8.  To save my old configuration
information, I tarred up /etc and /usr/local, then restored them after the
new install was complete.  *However,*  I forgot that my partitioning scheme
on the new disk was going to be different, and now I have an /etc/vfstab
and an /etc/devices.tab that reflect the old disk.  The vfstab can be fixed
by hand easily enough, but what about the devices.tab? Does Solaris have a
utility that will do that or will I have to do that one by hand as well?

-J

--
Jeff Workman | jworkman at pimpworks.org | http://www.pimpworks.org