[rescue] Bull Escala T604e

roosmcd at dds.nl roosmcd at dds.nl
Thu Oct 17 06:16:00 CDT 2002

>>  Hmm, is that the machine on eBay.de that I forgot to bid on? :)
>Sounds so. On friday evening three or four showed up on eBay.de for
>175,-EUR by it now. I bought right at the moment. :-)
>I sent a hint to some friends. One of them got the last machine.
>They where sold quite fast. There where some other machines of that
>type from the same seller with disks and (DAT) tapes for 200,-EUR
>starting bid. (No BIN.) One went for 200,-EUR, one for around
>220,-EUR. Still a snip.

 That's not too bad :). Take a look at the SNI machine right now on eBay; also
a dual-processor, much cheaper then an Octane and it's also MIPS IV ABI
compatible (or possibly some other acronyms). I only think it won't have as
much graphics power as an Octane and the memory is more expensive (although I
found out that with a file you can adapt Compaq dimms to RM200C memory..). I
just don't want to pay shipping to .nl for it.

>> > Does anyone have any experience with this machine type?
>>  I have a MT604-100, 100MHz from Motorola. It's a very neat machine.
>Have you seen the Estrela 300 with 200 MHz PPC604e at ePay.de?
>I am tempted, but I think the T604e will keep me bussy for some time.
>And it will cost at least 70,-EUR... I think I spent enough money
>for this kind of toys this month.

 There was also a guy in .Nl with a load of Bull Estrala's; I suppose he had a
lot, because he kept lowering prices on them. They must be being dumped by most
companies now..

>> However since (all?) Bull machines are rebadged Motorola machine
>> (or the other way round; it's been a while since i got mine),
>> you can also use the Motorola CD's.
>I know. There is a "Motorola" badge on the front. I am still
>tying to find the equivalent Motorola machine name.

 Do you have any pictures? I also can't find the auction link anymore.

http://web.archive.org/web/19990224221426/www-frec.bull.com/OSBU2_0/escalat.htm

 but the pictures don't load here.

"Matrox 1024x768 24 bit 4MB 1600x1200 24bit 8MB"

 I got a Diamond Viper Pro to work in my machine by removing the PC bios. Might
work if you want graphics for it.

   greetings,
    Michiel