[rescue] Bull Escala T604e

Marc Zyngier mzyngier at freesurf.fr
Thu Oct 17 05:45:11 CDT 2002

>> Do I need a special Bull version of AIX?

MR>  Yes, you need a special version. However since (all?) Bull
MR>  machines are re-badged Motorola machine (or the other way round;
MR>  it's been a while since i got mine), you can also use the
MR>  Motorola CD's. I have a set 4.1.3, but I've got no idea if it
MR>  supports such a recent machine as yours.. I think you could also
MR>  get new OS cd's by calling Bull and giving them your machine
MR>  number, but I'm not too sure about that.

This one is not a Motorola system. This is a real Bull machine (one of
the few last to be designed in Italy).

Bull badged boxes from Motorola are the Estrella range (PowerStacks in
different box). The PCI Escala range uses a different kernel, but
user-mode is the same.

Once Escala T/E have been phased out, Bull only sold rebadged IBM
machines.

        M.
--
Places change, faces change. Life is so very strange.