[rescue] best of times/worst of times

Steve Sandau ssandau at bath.tmac.com
Wed Oct 16 15:47:35 CDT 2002

> > I'd say that you might have been a little too generous with
> > the lower pay
> > scales - at 30k-40k, my employer would be lucky to find me
> > clothed at *all*.
> >  That's barely sweatpants and t-shirt payscale...
> >
>         I should have mentioned I work in the south were pay scales are
> about 1/2 of everywhere else so please adjust according to your region.

I'm in Maine. I think pay rates here are relatively low, too. In the
"collared shirt" pay area, I usually wear jeans (no holes) and a decent
(collared) shirt, never a tie or jacket. I also leave early to get my
daughter from school, work from home some afternoons, and generally fit
work around everything else. In exchange, I probably work 50 hours or so
each week and am basically on call (unofficially) most days.

It works for me so far...

Steve