[rescue] best of times/worst of times

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Wed Oct 16 12:27:30 CDT 2002

On Wed, Oct 16, 2002 at 01:19:25PM -0400, Kurt Huhn wrote:
> "Michael A. Turner" <mturner at whro.org> wrote:
> > $60,001 - $80K Collared shirt with tie to work on a regular basis
> For me, this is still in the 'clean, appropriate, tshirt and jeans' payscale
> - at least in practice.  Though, if someone were to ask me to wear slacks
> and a golf/polo shirt to work, I wouldn't complain too loudly.  Not even
> close to 'tie salary'...

Same here.  Altho, I've done the "company tshirt and kakhis" thing for $28K
before (before I knew better), but now its "clean and presentable" (nice
solid-color tshirt or collared "polo" shirt and jeans) for $75K.

I've NEVER worn a shirt/tie at this job - last time I wore one at all, in
fact, was when I got married (3/31/01).

Our head sysadmin wears denim shorts, t-shirts, and sandals to work.  He's
publicly stated he will never go into management because he would have to
wear "nice" clothes. 8-)

bill

--
bill bradford