[rescue] FrameMaker 5

vraptor at employees.org vraptor at employees.org
Tue Oct 15 21:14:50 CDT 2002

On Tue, 15 Oct 2002, Lionel Peterson wrote:

>IIRC, there is software for a license server on the original media, you
>need to install that, then everything is fine. Again, YMMV, but that is
>what I remember. I got a copy of Framemaker 5.5 a while ago, and
>haven't used it much, but the media/manuals are a treasured posession
>of mine (used to work with it, always liked it)...

I am using crufty old FrameMaker 5 for Mac OS classic (only legal
license I have), 'cause even old FrameMaker beats the pants off
of everything else.  I only which it had character level style
tags like Quark.  If it had that it'd be pretty much perfect.
(Quark's other annoyances are such that it's not worth switching.)
Unfortunately the other folks I have to trade docs with are only
M$Word literate, so I gotta use that for anything that has to be
swapped around when ASCII isn't enough.

I always loved that I could save a file on Mac FrameMaker, and
use it on whatever OS version that I ran Frame on.  What a concept:
*binary* compatible application data files! ;-)  Certainly makes
samba or PC-NFS a lot more useful.  None of that "save as" business.

=Nadine=

p.s. I may have a couple more licenses for Frame Maker on the Mac
w/manuals if anyone is interested in that sort of thing.  Drop me
an email if so.