[rescue] FrameMaker 5

Jeff Workman jworkman at pimpworks.org
Tue Oct 15 20:47:06 CDT 2002

I am the proud new owner of a copy of FrameMaker 5 for Unix.  This copy
came with a personal license/serial number.  I have added the license with
$FMHOME/bin/fmaddlicense as the documentation says to do, and I can run
FrameMaker as the assigned user.  However, any time I click on the "INFO"
button on the FrameMaker toolbar, it seems to "forget" that I am licensed,
then gives me the option of obtaining a license from the license server,
which of course, is useless, since the license server won't serve personal
licenses.

Anybody know what the deal is?  Oh yeah, since this is an unregisterd
product, I should be entitled to my 90 days free technical support from
Adobe if I fill out my registration card, right?  Yeah...I can see them
supporting a 6 year old product.

-Jeff

--
"In America, freedom and justice have always come from the ballot
box, the jury box, and when that fails, the cartridge box." --

Jeff Workman | jworkman at pimpworks.org | http://www.pimpworks.org