[rescue] Type 4 mouse pads

Sheldon T. Hall shel at cmhcsys.com
Sun Oct 13 12:33:43 CDT 2002

"Michael Schiller" <schiller at agrijag.com> said

> Does anyone out there have a some type 4 optical mouse pads they want to
> sell? Or anyone know of where I can buy them?

Supposedly, you can make them on a laser printer, using a .ps file that is
floating around the 'net somewhere.  I've never tried it, and I don't know
where you can find the file, though.

I bought a couple at Wierdstuff Warehouse in Sunnyvale many years ago, and I
see them in used computer junk stores from time to time.

There seem to be several kinds of Sun optical mouse pads, I've got two
different ones that work with Type 4 mice.  There are also Type 5 pads, I
think, which don't work with Type 4 mice.

I don't have any extras, I'm sorry to say.  Mouse pads and hard-drive sleds
seem to be something the average company tosses out before they release
their used computers.

-Shel