[rescue] External CDROM drive for Indigo2

Tom 'spot' Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Sun Oct 13 11:41:05 CDT 2002

Hi folks,

I recently acquired an Indigo2, but it doesn't have any input mechanism
(no floppy/cdrom). I know I can tftp boot it, but I'd like to have a
working cdrom drive attached to it.

All I have in the arena of external SCSI cdrom drives are Sun drives, and
they don't seem to work properly on the system at all (they definitely
don't boot). Googling led me to a lot of older information, I was hoping
the list would be a bit more up to date.

So, to sum up:
1. What is a good (and inexpensive) external SCSI cdrom drive to use with
my Indigo 2?
2. Can I reuse the Sun cdrom chassis for #1?

Thanks,

~spot
---
Tom "spot" Callaway <tcallawa(a)redhat*com> Red Hat Sales Engineer
Sair Linux and GNU Certified Administrator (LCA)
Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
GPG: D786 8B22 D9DB 1F8B 4AB7  448E 3C5E 99AD 9305 4260

The words and opinions reflected in this message do not necessarily
reflect those of my employer, Red Hat, and belong solely to me.

"Immature poets borrow, mature poets steal." --- T. S. Eliot