[rescue] Re: EBay treasure

Eric Dittman dittman at dittman.net
Fri Oct 11 13:04:07 CDT 2002

> Oh drat.
>
> I bought them to upgrade an E6000. However I just got
> the following email from the vendor. I'm not sure what
> I should do...any suggestions?

Well, legally you are entitled to them.  The question is,
do you want to do what is legal or what is moral?

Now, he did mess up, and could be forced to honor the
deal.  However, I think a fair deal would be to give
you one in exchange for releasing him from the deal.

One thing I'd do is look at what terms and conditions
he expects the buyer to adhere to, and base my response
on that.  For sellers with the outrageous "no wrong
moves or you're dead"-type T&C, I'd give no mercy.
For sellers with reasonable T&C, I'd work with them.

--
Eric Dittman
dittman at dittman.net