[rescue] good price for a RaQ ?

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Thu Oct 10 18:17:21 CDT 2002

On Thu, Oct 10, 2002 at 06:55:55PM -0400, Patrick Giagnocavo +1.717.201.3366 wrote:

> Zope? Nope.
>
> Sorry, couldn't resist :-) .
>
> Actually RaQs let you set up someone as admin for their own domain
> name, and they can create new email accounts, do this, do that,
> without someone like me having to intervene for them.
>
> That is the only reason to even consider something that normally would
> be rather underpowered.

I thought Zope did all those things.  I know I've heard of Zope doing
mail serving, and I know that one Zope instance can host multiple
domains.  But perhaps nobody has ever added the security/isolation from
others/easy administration that this does.

But then I could be wrong.  I never got into Zope.  I liked a lot of
things I saw about it, but it is awefully web centric, where I was
interested more in non-web things, especially since I didn't have an
affordable way to host a zope server.

--
Joshua D. Boyd