[rescue] SGI Indigo Processors

Rick Hamell hamellr at heorot.1nova.com
Thu Oct 10 05:26:20 CDT 2002

>  There were two versions of the IRIS Indigo, the original R3k and the R4k
> model.
>
>  The R4k Indigo can indeed take R4000 and R4400 processors. There are like
> 3 choices:

Thanks for the info!

>  The Indigo uses a proprietary keyboard and mouse... the plug may look
> PS/2, but it is not. It's actually a serial keyboard (same kind that can
> be used on a first generation Onyx I believe).

No problem here... I traded a full system minus the processor for an extra
rack I had. 21 Inch monitor, KB/mouse, 160MB of Ram, 2.6GB hard drive. :P
I was asked to "delete everything off the hard drive ASAP," as it was
used pretty heavily and has lots of software on it... So we'll see
what's on it before I "delete" everything. :)

Rick