[rescue] SGI Indigo Processors

Matthew Haas wedge at lightlink.com
Wed Oct 9 16:22:11 CDT 2002

On Wed, 9 Oct 2002, Rick Hamell wrote:

> 	I've got an Iris machine that needs a processor to make work. It
> looks like I can use a R4000 processor OR a R4400. Can any one confirm
> this? Anything I need to watch out for? Anyone have one for sale?

 There were two versions of the IRIS Indigo, the original R3k and the R4k
model.

 The R4k Indigo can indeed take R4000 and R4400 processors. There are like
3 choices:

 Processor Module 1 (PM1) which is an R4000 @ 100MHz

 I'm not sure what it's called (perhaps also PM1), but it's an R4400 @
100MHz.

 Then there's PM2, which is the R4400 @ 150MHz CPU module that's used in
an Indigo2. I've got one of these in my Indigo and it works very nicely.

 For a good collection of information on these great machines, check out:

 http://www.irisindigo.com/

 The Indigo uses a proprietary keyboard and mouse... the plug may look
PS/2, but it is not. It's actually a serial keyboard (same kind that can
be used on a first generation Onyx I believe).

 Serial Numbers for the Indigo keyboard/mouse are:

Mice (interchangeable):
   9150800 (mechanical, beige, 3' cable, minidin6)
   041-0141-001 (mechanical, granite, 3' cable, minidin6)

Keyboards (interchangeable):
   9500801 (beige, no attached cable, minidin6)
   041-0136-001 (granite, no attached cable, minidin6)

---
 Matthew Haas           Squirrel's Law #209203923: "Thou shalt ignoreth
 Corning/Geneseo, NY       all RAM specifications, they're noo scottish"