[rescue] A quick NFS question

Matthew Haas wedge at lightlink.com
Wed Oct 9 19:45:37 CDT 2002

On Wed, 9 Oct 2002, Matthew Haas wrote:

>  I had a similar problem the other day running Kermit... couldn't open
> the serial port. Then I realized I had forgotten to install the uucp
> subsystem after my recent hard drive upgrade :)

 Though I should clarify that this 'hard drive upgrade' was with a drive
that came out of an SGI.

 As for my non-SGI hard drive troubles:

 I tried throwing in a 4.5GB Seagate Barracuda (came out of a PeeCee
apparently, it had Windows NT partitions on it) into my Indigo2, and went
into fx. Verified it was using 512-byte blocks and proceeded to create a
new disklabel. It was not very happy, and ended up not being able to
write the label citing some sort of I/O or drive communication error, and
then I couldn't read the drive in my SPARC LX. Go figure.

 I'll have more time to play with it this weekend.

---
 Matthew Haas           Squirrel's Law #209203923: "Thou shalt ignoreth
 Corning/Geneseo, NY       all RAM specifications, they're noo scottish"