[rescue] ZX coolness

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Tue Oct 8 07:20:41 CDT 2002

Joshua D Boyd <jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu> wrote:
> OK.  I'm not sure what the adjective trimmed means when applied to
> NURBS.  As a major NURBS fan, Kurt might be able to answer tht.  But,
> apparently it makes NURBS far more complicated to calculate.

Trimmed NURBS are, to my understanding, a NURBS surface with geometry holes
or subtractions in it.  For example, a screw head is domed, but has slots
cut in it for the screwdriver - if there were no slots, it would be a
regular NURBS surface, but cutting slots creates a trimmed NURBS surface.
Likewise, a flat NURBS surface with a hole punched into the center is a
trimmed NURBS surface.

--
Kurt
kurt at k-huhn.com