[rescue] idiots on SlashDot

David Rouse david at rouseworld.org
Fri Oct 4 10:30:13 CDT 2002

Patrick Giagnocavo +1.717.201.3366 <patrick at zill.net>

>It did nothing more than remind that in order to have the average
>Slashdot poster's IQ be above room temperature, I have to only look at
>posts rated at 3, or higher.

Sometimes I'll read for the humor value -- but even just doing that has soured
me forever on Linux and Beowolf (sp?) clustering...

Another good example was a recent discussion of flopy drives, with a bunch of
slashheads saying any machine without one was useless, because how could you
flash the bios, etc. Naturally they totally ignored the people who said, gee,
non-braindead hardware can boot from any arbitrary device ...

They really don't want to hear about it if it isn't Linux/Intel and has X in the
kernel and runs Wine really fast so they can play games.

I know -- preaching to the choir...

--
David Rouse