[rescue] systems with user modifiable microcode.

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 3 07:27:11 CDT 2002

The early IBM PC/370 cards (Mainframe in your desktop) used
68000-family CPUs with modified instructon sets (I assume this was done
at fabrication time - 68000 core with enhancements.

The IBM AS/400 has a robust microcode that allows you to have one
hardware platform "switch" between AS/400 instruction set set *or* a
"Super System/38" instruction set.

Lionel

=====
Lionel