[rescue] The aesthetics of rescue

Patrick Giagnocavo +1.717.201.3366 patrick at zill.net
Wed Oct 2 14:46:52 CDT 2002

On Wed, Oct 02, 2002 at 12:28:34PM -0700, vraptor at employees.org wrote:
> with it when on-call), was it's overcomplication.  From what I
> could see, if you didn't set them up "right" at the beginning,
> they were very hard to "fix" to get them right.  Also, backing
> them up created difficulties--this may have been a limitation
> of this particular model, but I was at the beginning of my
> sys admining career, so don't know the details.

My understanding is that you mirror everything, then break a disk off
each mirror and backup those now off-line disks.  Then you put the
disks back into the mirror and it rebuilds them.  Is that the way it
is done?

And does the Auspex have snapshot or similar capability?

I have a mondo NS7000, so am still learning about them.  Waiting for
the plug.

Cordially
| Patrick Giagnocavo, patrick at zill.net             |
| Zill.Net - OpenACS, Postgres, Python hosting     |
| OpenACS v4 shared server       $39.99/month      |
| Colocation w/30GB transfer     $99.00/month      |
| Managed servers (incl. system) $175/month        |