[rescue] The aesthetics of rescue

Patrick Giagnocavo +1.717.201.3366 patrick at zill.net
Wed Oct 2 10:58:22 CDT 2002

On Wed, Oct 02, 2002 at 09:57:34AM -0400, Dave McGuire wrote:
> On Wednesday, October 2, 2002, at 03:33 AM, Patrick Giagnocavo
> > They sound quite nice.  I am looking forward to getting my Auspex
> > honker up and running.  I am waiting on the electrician to install the
> > proper plug.  Some people have banged on the Auspex for not being as
> > nice as the NetApps, but I think once it is up and running it will be
> > quite solid.
>
>    Bullshit...I've used several of both and run them side by side, and
> while NetApps are really great machines, Auspexes (of similar
> generations) kick the snot out of them.

I get the impression that setting up the Auspex first time takes a
little longer; then again, there are more choices on the Auspex I
have(5 or 6 SCSI buses, 2 enet + FDDI, 40 drive trays, etc).

Cordially
| Patrick Giagnocavo, patrick at zill.net             |
| Zill.Net - OpenACS, Postgres, Python hosting     |
| OpenACS v4 shared server       $39.99/month      |
| Colocation w/30GB transfer     $99.00/month      |
| Managed servers (incl. system) $175/month        |