[rescue] The aesthetics of rescue

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Wed Oct 2 10:37:43 CDT 2002

Joshua D Boyd <jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu> wrote:

> Well, at least the rest of the hardware sounds decent except for the
> P4s.  And everyone raves about the software, which is NOT windows NT
> based (or so we are led to believe.

The current crop of NetApp boxen is very nice.  The highest-end I've had the
pleasure of playing with is an F820, which kicked the snot out of EMC's NAS
offering in my side-by-side trials.  And no, there's not a lick of Windows
anything on the NetApp systems.  The management stuff is all done through a
web browser, or from the command line (they support SSH).

--
Kurt
kurt at k-huhn.com