[rescue] AlphaServer 1000A

Bjorn Ramqvist brt at g.haggve.se
Thu May 30 00:53:53 CDT 2002

Eric Dittman wrote:

> > Nice rescue. EV5 too...
> > Just don't forget to push the DE500 away from (the lacking)
> > Auto-negotiation.
>
> I've never had a problem with DE500 cards and autonegotiation.

For some reason, Cisco + DE500 doesn't seem to cut it at all times.
DE60x works like a champ though.
I suspect certain revisions of the DE500 that sometimes fails to
autonegotiate in a correct way. Probably early, broken, N-way
compliance.

> The KZPSC has three channels.  I'm going to remove it as I
> don't care for having to switch to AlphaBIOS mode to configure
> the drives.  I've got a set of dual-redundant HSZ50 controllers
> that I will use instead.

I've never used backplane controllers, ever, but it sounds awful to
switch to AlphaBIOS just to configure it. Yuck.
Three channels is nice. It's unsupported in Tru64 V5.x.

> I've got an U2W SCSI controller that I can use with the two
> U2W drives from my PWS500au.

Nice.

--
Vnliga hlsningar/Best Regards