[rescue] AXe v AXi

Mike Nicewonger twmaster at twmaster.com
Tue May 28 11:12:54 CDT 2002

On Tuesday 28 May 2002 12:09 pm, you wrote:
> On Sat, 25 May 2002, Leslie Connally wrote:
> > I know what an AXe is*   but how does the AXe differ from the AXi
> >
> > .. of course, then there is th AXdp..
>
> AXdp is the Ultra 60 motherboard.  Requires a special case and powersupply
> (same as the U30).

Hmm.... Wish I had known that a few maoths ago :)

> Other AXi advantage: 6 PCI slots on 2 busses.  Dual (not single) onboard
> UW SCSI.  Creator/Elite slot.  It's what the U5/U10 should have been.

Agreed.

It's a shame the clone machines marketed as U10's but were built with the AXi
didn't do better since they are a truely better machine. I have a Tatung AXi
and love it. In fact Iam thinkinh of putting it back up instead of this
FSCKing Linux box.

James, a question. I have a 2D Creator in the AXi presently. Would I be
better off with a Raptor? (I have one sitting on the shelf)

Mike N