[rescue] Re: Solaris 9 issues

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Tue May 28 10:57:06 CDT 2002

On Tue, May 28, 2002 at 08:50:49AM -0700, James Lockwood wrote:
> On Wed, 22 May 2002, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> > I was under the impression that it was more broken than that. I doubt I
> > really need more that 4gigs of address space, at least not on my Ultra1.
>
> One of the cooler "mundane" uses of big address space is being able to
> carve out big chunks of tmpfs.

Could you explain?  Do you mean use large files in /tmp for scratch work?

Keep in mind that the box in questions primary purpose is to be a mail
server.  Secondary purpose is to hold files and data for when I'm away from
home (bookmarks, addressbook, expenses).  Teriary purpose is for running
math programs when I'm away from home, and screwing around.  Screwing around
meaning lisp stuff, image processing stuff, non-interactive graphics, etc.

Basically, a home away from home.

--
Joshua D. Boyd