[rescue] SS10 HD bracket

Mike Nicewonger twmaster at twmaster.com
Tue May 28 09:38:21 CDT 2002

on 5/28/02 10:03 AM, Michael A. Turner at mturner at whro.org wrote:

> My recently acquired SS10 has no HD brackets in it. Are these vital
> to the safe operation of the HDs? Where can I get some at? are they the same
> as SS5 brackets because I do have a spare one of those lying around.
> Inquiring minds want to know.

SS10's don't take a 'bracket' What you need are 4 of the little wheel shaped
mounts that screw into the sides of the drive. you can make these with the
correct size screws to go into the mounting holes on the side of the drive.
Screw them in half way, Then take either black tape or a small piece of
surgical tubing and shape a small wheel looking shape on the head of the
screws, press into the mount, close the lid and you have it.

Ken Olson at memoryX sells the mounting screw/wheel kit on his website if
you MUST have the correct thing.

Mike N