[rescue] Raised floor - first shots of installation...

jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Sun May 26 06:52:04 CDT 2002

On 25 May, Torquil MacCorkle III wrote:

> I am sure this has been addressed in previous discussions. But, just what
> benefits does raised floor have? (Simply the ability to hide cables under
> the floor?)
.... and the pipes for the liquid cooling. For the air colled mashines
you have a big AC unit that blows cold air below the flor. Then you put
tiles with small holes on the places where your air cooled machins come
to place. So the machines get a constant flow of cold air right into the
bottom of the enclosure.
--

tschuess,
          Jochen