[rescue] Free HP 9000 K-class stuff

Greg A. Woods woods at weird.com
Fri May 24 13:48:24 CDT 2002

[ On Friday, May 24, 2002 at 13:23:27 (-0500), Bill Bradford wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: [rescue] Free HP 9000 K-class stuff
>
> Please, no whoring yourself out on the rescue list.

Fix your friggin broken list options then!  [0.00001 ;-)]

Seriously -- I did not intend to send that reply to the list, and I
explicitly remember editing the headers, but somehow something screwed
up, again.  I must have been distracted at just the wrong time.

I've _NEVER_ in over ten year of on-line community participation seen
anything but MISTAKES caused by this broken excuse for "community
building".  Replies accidentally sent privately can always be resent
(and sometimes such "accidents" are better for the list anyway).
However replies accidentally sent to the list cannot be retracted before
it's too late (since this isn't a moderated list).  I saw my posting go
public, sighed, deleted it, and went on to the next message figuring
someone would send such a response and that I could use the result as
yet another example of the effects of this mis-informed, damaging,
ill-begotten, petard-hoisting, unnecessary, and foolish, list management
policy.  So there.  :-)

(and it's not me that needs a sys-admin job, I'm pimping for someone
else -- I have a hard enough time sys-admining my own boxes and some of
my client's boxes and so on -- I'm an under-worked software engineer.....  :-)

--
								Greg A. Woods