[rescue] Re: RS/6000 video adapter?

ghub005 at xtra.co.nz ghub005 at xtra.co.nz
Fri May 24 03:34:40 CDT 2002

Mike said:

<<
Hi!

I have an RS/6000 Powerstation 355 that I've rescued with an 8-bit
1280x1024 video adapter.  I was hoping to go up to a 24-bit board,
perhaps with 3D acceleration, at little or no cost if at all possible.
(Seeing how old this box is, and that I got it for nothing, I don't
want to pay eBay prices for an adapter.)  It would have to be an MCA
adapter supported by the 355 and by AIX 4.2.1.  If such a beast doesn't
exist -- let me know so I can stop looking and guessing.  (I suppose
if you do know, a model number or part number might be useful too.)

Since no-one took me up on the PS355 and PS340 I picked up, I still have the four MCA video cards that they came with.

If you tell me what the part numbers usually look like I'll try to ID the boards.

Yours free for postage from Australia.

Regards,

Gavin