[rescue] offtopic.. sunmanagers kind of Q

Brian Hechinger wonko at 4amlunch.net
Wed May 22 17:09:29 CDT 2002

On Wed, May 22, 2002 at 11:17:02PM +0100, Paul Sladen wrote:

> Unplug the keyboard and it will boot using Serial-A as console;  not that
> it's going to care whether there is actually a glass-screen connected to the
> end of it.
>
> OTOH, if there *is* a console plugged in, check it doesn't cause a break if
> you disconnect, otherwise the machine will drop to PROM and appear to hang.

no, he's talking about something completely different.  i know, because it
happens to me.  solaris gets part of the way booted and then hangs, with
nothing plugged into the machine, no terminal, no keyboard, no video.  the
very *split second* that i plug the VT into it, it continues booting.  my other
sparc20 doesn't exhibit this behavior.

-brian
--
"when it absolutely has to be there oh, sometime in the next few weeks"