[rescue] offtopic.. sunmanagers kind of Q

Paul Sladen sun-rescue at paul.sladen.org
Wed May 22 17:17:02 CDT 2002

On Wed, 22 May 2002, Leslie Connally wrote:

> I just rerealized, one of my ss20 will not boot if it has neither
> keybd/monitor nor dumbterminal ?  whats up? its a used machine. could
> openboot be modified to other than default 'damn it boot!' How do I fix?

Unplug the keyboard and it will boot using Serial-A as console;  not that
it's going to care whether there is actually a glass-screen connected to the
end of it.

OTOH, if there *is* a console plugged in, check it doesn't cause a break if
you disconnect, otherwise the machine will drop to PROM and appear to hang.

	-Paul
--
Nottingham, GB