[rescue] StarOffice 6 Released! Oh, wait, Nevermind... (was:Solaris 9 released)

Scott Newell newell at cei.net
Wed May 22 14:06:44 CDT 2002

>for Windows and Linux.  Not open source, but their license is beautiful.
It is a per-user license, so if you buy their product you can put it on all
your home machines, and they even

This sounds a lot like the old Borland 'no-nonsense' license.  As I recall,
you could install on a whole mess of machines, as long as there was no
chance of multiple copies running at the same time.

>But anyway, I wish this kind of licensing would catch on in the
proprietary software world.

No doubt.  FlexLM is bad enough, but dongles are the worst!

newell
[damn, my mail client really made a mess of those quotes...]