[rescue] StarOffice 6 Released! Oh, wait, Nevermind... (was:Solaris 9 released)

Tim H. lists at pellucidar.net
Wed May 22 13:57:55 CDT 2002

On this topic of (not)paying for software-- There's a company called gobe, used to do BeOS exclusively, but are now marketing their offic suite "productive" (nice name, gobe productive) for Windows and Linux.  Not open source, but their license is beautiful.  It is a per-user license, so if you buy their product you can put it on all your home machines, and they even include a certificate to show the PHB for one machine at work.  And the price is supposed to be ~$125, introed at ~$75.  These are the guys who wrote Claris Works, which I really like.  But anyway, I wish this kind of licensing would catch on in the proprietary software world.

Tim