[rescue] Is this the thing you need to use a FCAL drive?

Brian Hechinger wonko at 4amlunch.net
Tue May 21 21:30:42 CDT 2002

On Tue, May 21, 2002 at 10:35:54PM -0400, nick at snowman.net wrote:
> Erm, it's a 7port GBIC based 1/2 rack width, 1u FC-AL hub.  Non-managed,
> OEM'd from Vixel like every other 7port  GBIC based FC-AL hub.  Nothing
> special, but not bad at that price.  I'm still considering buying one.

yeah, nice.  but my question (after i figure out where to send an email to ask)
is do these things come with GBICs at that price?  and if not, do you know how
much an FC GBIC costs?

also, could i hook more than one of these together to increase the number of
ports i have?

-brian
--
"when it absolutely has to be there oh, sometime in the next few weeks"