[rescue] Sunpc Card

Bruce Pullig bpullig at houston.oilfield.slb.com
Tue May 21 10:52:28 CDT 2002

At 08:28 AM 5/21/2002, you wrote:
>One thing I wish the SunPCi cards could/would do is boot up at system
>startup, rather than having to be started by a logged in user. I was
>going to install Win2k on mine rather than Win98 or the unsupported
>WinME that I currently have on mine, but why use a multi-user capable
>(or so it thinks, it's still an MS product) when the machine boots only
>when the user starts the window interface program? I used to have an
>Amiga 2000 with a Bridgeboard in it (yup, PC on a card for the Amiga),
>and it would boot with the machine, and the program to use it was simply
>a window to the virtual screen. I mean, if SunPCi can run a multi user
>OS on a multi-user machine (any Sun), why not make the interface program
>a window so that multiple users can have windows open?

I've set one up to do that on a headless Netra 1125.
Just write a script that starts up vnc, set the DISPLAY to the vnc display
and then run /opt/SUNWspci/bin/sunpci.

   Bruce Pullig
   Senior Systems Administrator
   Schlumberger Information Solutions
   Data Management Center
   5444 Westheimer, Suite 800, Houston, TX 77056
   Phone: 713.350.4217  Fax: 713.350.4102
   bpullig at slb.com