[rescue] OpenBSD Net Install

Mike Johnson mike at enoch.org
Tue May 21 00:19:22 CDT 2002

Eric Dittman [dittman at dittman.net] wrote:

> I see references to this in regards to corrupted disks, but I
> can't find out why I'm getting this message.  I've never tried
> to netboot a Sparc or a *BSD system, so I'm not sure what I'm
> doing wrong.  There's nothing in the FAQ, but I did find out
> from search GoogleGroups that the file I'm supposed to use is
> ofwboot.net instead of the bsd.rd file listed in the net install
> section on the OpenBSD site.

I did this for a sparc5, so I'm sure things are a little different.  I
used boot.net as the symlink, then I had to run 'boot net bsd.rd'.

Here's a page that I pretty much followed for getting 3.0 installed on
my sparc5:
http://www.lostgeneration.freeserve.co.uk/sparc/netboot.html

Hope it helps.

Mike
--
"Let the power of Ponch compel you!  Let the power of Ponch compel you!"
   -- Zorak on Space Ghost