[rescue] OpenBSD Net Install

Eric Dittman dittman at dittman.net
Mon May 20 23:52:52 CDT 2002

Okay, I've downloaded the sparc64 OpenBSD 3.1 files, configured
my Linux system to allow a network install, and tried to start
a net install on an Ultra 1/170.  The ARP/RARP queries go out
and are answered, and the file ofwboot.net is loaded (aliased
to the hex IP address).  After the file is loaded I get the
message:

The file just loaded does not appear to be executable.

I see references to this in regards to corrupted disks, but I
can't find out why I'm getting this message.  I've never tried
to netboot a Sparc or a *BSD system, so I'm not sure what I'm
doing wrong.  There's nothing in the FAQ, but I did find out
from search GoogleGroups that the file I'm supposed to use is
ofwboot.net instead of the bsd.rd file listed in the net install
section on the OpenBSD site.

What am I doing wrong?
--
Eric Dittman