[rescue] SunPCi annoyance

William Barnett-Lewis wlewis at mailbag.com
Mon May 20 21:27:52 CDT 2002

Hey all,

I have the first model of SunPCi (300mhz K6) in my sun Blade 100. I'm
using version 1.3 of the software to run Win98SE. On startup I get this
error:

The Prom is protected. This can only be unprotected in a prom programmer
The sunpci startup script is unable to obtain the BIOS version
Your SunPCi card may not operate correctly.

Please check for software updates at:
http://www.sun.com/desktop/products/sunpci

Opening a SunPCi window...

And then it starts up, with no errors other than it won't keep the bios
settings. I have changed the battery as well.

Anyone know the appropriate magic to fix this?

Thanks,

William
--
You better watch out    What you wish for;
It better be worth it   So much to die for.