[rescue] IBM on ebay

James Lockwood james at foonly.com
Sun May 19 23:08:43 CDT 2002

On Fri, 17 May 2002, Eric Webb wrote:

> I think there are some old and unknown condition 6091-19's, but I doubt I'll
> get any of those.  We found out that we can attach them to our 43p's
> (machines are on maintenance, monitors aren't) and if they're bad we can get
> IBM to replace it with a new/refurb P200.... pretty sweet.

Actually, you can hook the 6091's to 43P's.  You won't see bootup
messages, but once the windowing system starts they work fine.  I had
about half a dozen 43P's configured like this in the mid-90's.

6091's are neat: they autoselect sync on green, composite sync or separate
sync and are extremely tweakable internally.  I've run them on just about
every flavor of Unix workstation out there at one time or another.

-James